BTEC Level 1 Certificate in Exploring the Caring Sectors
About the course
This course will develop your knowledge and awareness of the types of employment opportunities in the Health, Social Care and Children’s and Young People’s sectors.
It will also allow you to develop your personal and employability skills.
What will I learn?
• Introduction to the caring sectors
Optional Units include among others:
• Health and social care needs
• Communication with adults and children.
• Encouraging children to eat healthily
• Creative activities for children
• Learning with colleagues and other learners
• Working in a team
Visits to different settings ie Nurseries, practical experiences in class and guest speakers will form a large part of this course.
This qualification provides a starting point for deciding whether a career in the care sector is right for you.
How will I be assessed?
A variety of types of assessment will be used for each unit studied. These include practical sessions, creating leaflets, posters and presentation but there is not a written exam at the end of the year.